Monday, July 22, 2013

Busuanga Airport

Busuanga Airport is one of a kind. It doesn't welcome you with beaming lights and skyscrapers but rather trees, mountains and bushes to let you experience nature at its finest.

To go to Coron by plane, you have to land at the Busuanga Airport which is called Francisco B. Reyes Airport (named after their mayor during the Commonwealth era).
This is my first step in Busuanga

This aiport is 45 meters above sea level which means that its location is much higher than the usual airports in the country. Mactan International Airport is just 10 meters above sea level by the way.
Their runway is quiet rough and short just enough for small planes.



There are vans waiting outside the airport. To my surprise, the drivers here doesn't harass tourists. They are very kind and would give you information if you need help.
Vans waiting outside the aiport


Also, if incase your flight is cancelled, there is always an affordable food outside the airport. This is thecheapest food I bought in Coron. I think it was just about 50 php including their eco friendly food container.



To sum it all, please don't expect a modernized airport in Coron. Their waiting lounge doesnt even have a television. That is why you have to make sure all your gadgets are fully charged before going to the airport so that you will not be bored while waiting. Their check in area is not air conditioned too and by the way, you can charge your phones, tabs, etc if you will only unplug the electric fans inside that might irritate other passengers waiting.

 Good thing that in my case, I asked one policewoman to have my phone charged on their booth.
  I was very confident  that my phone is in good hands when I saw this sign:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...